Dr. Oz 3 Day Cleanse and Detox

Dr. Oz has done it again! The goal was to create a cleanse that would be simple to follow and full of nutrition.  Dr. Oz says all you will need is 3 days, a blender, and $16.00. (Please note the correction at the bottom of the page...the program will cost $16.00 per day.) He teamed up with Dr. Mark Hyman author of The Blood Sugar Solution and Julieanna Hever to create this 3 Day Detox Cleanse.    There was extensive research involved, as well as a consultation with his medical advisory board, to create this program.  On Day 1 you'll eliminate harmful Toxins from your body.  Day 2, you'll replenish important nutrients and on Day 3, you can expect to reset and rebalance your body.

As your body detoxes you may get a headache or feel a little fatigued.  Julieanna said, that would be sign of your body starting the detoxification process.  You shouldn't feel as hungry as you may have gotten from past cleanses that you might have tried.  Many of them were based on water or juice.  Since you will be drinking smoothies you'll be getting plenty of fiber and that should make you feel full.

Not wanting to recommend something that he hadn’t tried himself, Dr. Oz proceeded to give it a whirl.  He announced on today’s show that felt great and lost 2 lbs.  2 members of the audience also tried the cleanse each losing weight and inches from around their waist.  Both claimed to feel energized, no longer felt bloated and would repeat the cleanse again.

It was designed to be simple to follow and it is.  Let’s get down to the details.  Julianna Hever suggests you ease into the cleanse by starting to eliminate processed foods a few days before.  The idea behind that is to avoid shocking your system.  If that seems like a stretch for you, do your best to eat well the day before concluding it with a healthy meal. The meal recommended consisted of black rice (which is filled with antioxidants and is low in sugar), salmon or chicken (known to have amino acids that will help flush out the toxins in your body) along with some greens (kale, collards, chard or arugula were suggested) prepared with onions and garlic (powerful detoxifiers).

All 3 days are the same, first thing in the morning you’ll have a cup of green tea, sliced lemon and stevia.  Next will you’ll have your first smoothie of the day along with 1/2 of your multi vitamin and probiotic.  After your lunch smoothie you’ll take the second 1/2 of your multi vitamin with your omega 3.  You’ll get a mid-afternoon snack of another smoothie and end the day with your dinner smoothie.

You’re supposed to conclude your day with a detox bath.  The bath should have 2 1/2 cups of Epson salt and 10 drops of lavender oil in it.  That’s designed to help draw the toxins out of the body as you wind down and relax.  I find when you do something good for yourself and feel great you want to keep that feeling going.  This may be a good way to start off the holiday season.  You should feel energized and on track.

Dr. Oz put together a shopping list and all the recipes for the smoothies on an easy print out sheet.  click here for the print out.

CORRECTION - On the Dr. Oz site it states that the program will cost $16.00 a day, it was my error to say differently.

posted @ Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:23 AM

Comments on this entry:

Left by Susan at 11/20/2012 1:49 PM
I am on day 3. The lunch drink was way too much for me to consume. I drank 1 and put the other in the fridge for the next day. Bkfast was the most tasty for me and I found if you put ice cube in them, they were easier to palate. As of the 1st day I lost 3# and I wasn't as swollen when I went for my daily walk. I did have headaches and I am still feeling sluggish so I haven't felt that surge of energy people talk about. The article did say this is a good sign of the detox working so we will see. The cost is way more than was quoted but decided to try it anyway. Purchase most of the non produce products at Walmart and produce at Sprouts Haven't been hungry for sure! :-)

Left by weightlossbuddy at 11/21/2012 4:30 PM
Thanks for the great feedback. Would you do it again?

Left by Andrea at 11/26/2012 9:12 AM
Just started with the breakfast drink!

# Doing it 2nd time

Left by Susan at 11/26/2012 5:02 PM
I did the 3 day detox before Thanksgiving. I couldn't palate the lunch due to the bitternes. I started it again today and I "PEELED" the cucumber this time and it is palatable. Putting ice cubes in the drinks makes it much more cold and easier to drink too. Hope this helps!!

Left by weightlossbuddy at 11/26/2012 8:27 PM
Thanks for the tips. I start tomorrow morning.

Left by Susan at 11/27/2012 12:26 PM
Day 2 What a difference between the 1st try. I was very tired and had headaches for the 1st 2days. This time, I have much more energy and don't feel sluggish. Good luck!

Left by weightlossbuddy at 11/27/2012 3:40 PM
The lunch smoothie was terrible...but I think my cucumber and celery were too large. Tomorrow I'll only use 2/3 of the cuke and maybe 3 stalks of celery. I couldn't taste the pineapple at all.

I used frozen fruit for the morning smoothie. It was pretty good. I think that is the one I'll choose for my late afternoon one.

I feel tired but not hungry.

Left by Susan at 11/27/2012 4:27 PM
Did you peel your cucumber? Yes, I agree it is not the best tasting Lunch smoothy. I also used frozen berries bc it was much more affordable. I haven't used my snack smoothie yet but if I do I will used the bkft one too.
The one thing I wish it had more detail instruction about what other beverages you can drink and about medicines. Good Luck!! :-)

Left by Penne at 11/28/2012 11:59 AM
I am on day 3 and could not handle the lunch drink took me 2 hours to get through half of it so I decided on the second and third day I would just eat the veggies and drink the almond milk. So far I have lost 5lbs in two days and feel great.

Left by weightlossbuddy at 11/28/2012 8:21 PM
I did peel the cucumber!

Today I only used about 1/2 of the cucumber (it was really large) and 3 stalks of celery. I ran the blender with 1/2 the ingredients then added the second 1/2 and it came out a little smoother. I also made sure I measured a full cup of pineapple. MUCH BETTER today.

That would be my suggestion...cut back on the cucumber and celery. The texture was still yuck but the taste way more tasty. :)

Tomorrow begins day 3. I miss eating.

Left by Jackie at 11/28/2012 9:42 PM
I completed all three days today! The price of the ingredients was a lot more than $16.00. I lost some weight in my mid section, however, I want to eat; I feel a little hungry. I will not repeat this 3 day cleanse.

Left by Shonda at 11/29/2012 11:11 AM
Is there a time schedule on when your suppose to drink the shakes? Do you wait 3 hours in between shakes?

Left by Cynthia Holiday at 11/30/2012 11:40 AM
Question: Are you drinking the breakfast, lunch and dinner smoothie each day? What is ment by repeat favorite drink? What is the snack?

Left by A at 11/30/2012 2:44 PM
I want to know if we are supposed to drink the entire mixture at each setting or just 8 oz? Does anyone know??

Left by weightlossbuddy at 11/30/2012 3:36 PM
Yes, your suppose to drink the entire mixture.

You are suppose to have 4 smoothies a day. Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack & Dinner. You choose your favorite drink to be your snack. (mine was breakfast)

I had breakfast around 8-8:30 lunch around noon, pm snack around 4-5pm and dinner around 8-8:30

Left by Rosie G. at 12/1/2012 6:54 PM
My friends and I tried this on Tues, Wed and Thurs. this week. We modified the lunch one by cutting back on the amount of celery to half what it said (our stalks were ginormous) and also taking the stings off of it first, using the juice of the lime not throwing in the whole lime. When measuring the kale we used just the leaves, not the stem parts and didn't pack it into the measuring cup. This makes it quite tasty. It is my favorite.

Left by Mysherard at 12/3/2012 10:56 AM
Well, I purchased my ingredients a week ago and have delayed starting because I thought I needed a juicer, which I don't have. I imagine it is quite thick if all of that food is going thru the blender. Guess I'll start tomorrow. I'm excited. Thanks for sharing your experiences, you gave me hope.

Left by Wilma Carnes at 12/4/2012 11:26 AM
After completing the de-tox program, what is next? Is there a recommended meal plan that one should follow?

Left by Theresa at 12/8/2012 9:19 AM
On day two, and did not have to go the bathroom yet? What happened to elimination?

Left by weightlossbuddy at 12/8/2012 9:28 AM
I'm not aware of a recommended follow up food plan.

Theresa - are you drinking enough water? I found that the smoothies had a diuretic effect on me and compensated with extra water.

Left by Sally at 12/13/2012 4:24 PM
I am on day 1 of this detox diet. The Lunch drink is impossible for me to hold down it was way too thick with out a side of water. I'm thinking of cutting back on the celery and cucumbers but adding more pineapple and water. I hope its better it was so awful I had to force my self to drink half. I thought the breaskfast shake was fantastic. I hope the dinner shake is just as good.
I feel super tired but no headache.

Left by Sally at 12/13/2012 4:26 PM
Dr oz has a two day cleanse meal plan. [I recommend you try that when you are done with the 3 day detox. Although they say you should detox every 6 months. Somehow this feels different because it just a heavy dose of fruits and veggies. Good Luck

Left by Daryl at 12/17/2012 8:46 PM
Starting day two....feel tired not hungry, which is good. That second smoothie needs some work. OMG...I had to choke it down. What we don't do for our health. Skin feels amazing already and getting the glow back, very cool!! The skin is the last organ to get nourishment.

Left by Teababy at 12/18/2012 8:20 PM
On day 2 of the 3 day detox. I feel horrible, I have had chest discomfort from probably gas all day. I think I didn't ease into this prepared, I jumped into it and sharked my systems. I'm going to hang in there because I have 1 more day. The breakfast shake is my favorite. The lunch shake is quite interesting. I think I will do what some others have suggested by cutting back on the celery and cucumber. Im ready to jump start into eating to live.

Left by Debbie at 1/3/2013 5:26 PM
I decided to try this after a road trip (you know how bad those can be!). Like everyone else, I find the lunch drink a little hard to get down, but on day 2 I added 1/2 banana, and ate the pineapple separately. Much better. However, despite doing zumba last night, and running 3 miles this morning, I find that I've PUT ON weight (almost 2 lbs!). WTF. But will keep on, only got another day. But actually still feel bloated. Anyone else find this? Oh, and yes, I have a pounding headache all the time.

Left by Karen at 1/8/2013 2:18 PM
I started this cleanse today. No headaches and I feel fine - not hungry. Breakfast drink was very good and filling. The lunch drink is very thick and large - I had to do half the ingredients first to have room in the blender for the rest. I will drink the remaining for my snack. I too had huge cucumbers so I think I'll cut back tomorrow. Nothing was said about drinking water during the day but I have been doing that. Thanks for all the good tips.

Left by Wolfie at 1/8/2013 9:17 PM
Does any one know how many calories are in each shake?

Left by Ange at 1/15/2013 3:59 PM
Are you suppose to drink water on the cleanse?

Left by weightlossbuddy at 1/17/2013 11:31 AM
I found myself drinking as much water as usual if not more. I would think drinking water would just help the entire detox process.

Left by Pamela at 1/20/2013 6:11 PM
Running the flaxseeds in the blender first before adding other ingredients will crush the seeds. Your body can't process them otherwise. Keep all your ingredients (including the water) in your refrigerator, as the drinks are better when cold. I didn't add stevia (sweetener) in my tea, and didn't put lavender in my epsom salt bath, but didn't omit any other ingredients. I peeled and cored the apples. Peeled the cucumber as well. Only used the leaves off the kale, and the juice from the lime. Removed the stems from the spinach. Used fresh blueberries/raspberries. The breakfast drink was my favorite. I am on day two. I am not hungry, have energy, slept great, and the scale read 4 1/2 pounds less than yesterday. I think my body is loving this.

Left by Donella at 1/25/2013 1:06 PM
I am on day one and at this very moment I am trying to drink the lunch drink. something is going to have to go on the side. It is a bitter drink. I peeled the cucumber, didn't use as much celery. But the kale makes it too chunky and feelinglike your taking medicine. I'm going to stick with the detox but YUCK!! Breakfast wasnt bad at all.

Left by Deb at 2/24/2013 3:58 PM
I'm starting the detox tomorrow! I'm so excited to make a lifestyle change. I joined the gym down the street from me. Thanks to everyone who posted their feedback about the shakes, it's really going to help me when I start tomorrow morning. I am mentally prepared & ready. Best of luck to everyone in their goals!

Left by Amy at 3/11/2013 11:01 AM
If headaches occur, is motrin off limits?

Left by Susan at 3/11/2013 5:16 PM
Is it ok to make the drinks the night before? I leave so early for work that I would rather have the drinks for breakfast and lunch prepared ahead.

Left by Barb at 3/12/2013 7:58 PM
Day 2 for me is done! Woo hoo. This isnt easy, but I am hoping it is worth it. down 3 lbs this AM, but felt VERY weak today (I did do hr. long workouts that were pretty intense both day 1 & 2). Drinks tasted better today - hoping tomorrow goes by quick:)

Left by Michelle K at 3/14/2013 5:45 PM
THIS IS A GREAT RESOURCE - THX!

Day 2 for me is half way complete. I found that on Day 1 the breakfast shake was the best. Like many others, the lunch shake was bitter but today I added a package of stevia and it's WAYYYYY more tolerable. Not sure if I'm allowed to add it. I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about the dinner shake. I thought it was the worst! I blended everything but tonight I will juice the kale and see if that makes a difference as I felt it was very chunky yesterday despite lots of blending. I didn't realize I was supposed to drink water in between so I've been doing that today. I am finding myself hungry though so I need to chug more water.

I'm yawning a lot and a bit grouchy but no headaches - yay! I'm continuing taking my medicines so hopefully that it's impacting anything. The HOT bath and knowing what this is doing for my future is the best part of this whole thing!!!

Someone asked about next steps. I'm currently reading The Hormone Diet and it fits perfectly as a next step. Check it out!

Left by Jamie at 3/21/2013 12:30 AM
Just finished day 2. Yay! Just wondering about bowel movements since I haven't had anything from the usual. I've never tried a detox before but friends have and they said they spent most the time in the bathroom. Could it be because I'm using flaxseed meal and not flaxseed?

Left by Lisa at 3/23/2013 9:35 PM
Planning to start this detox thing on Monday. Interesting comments to read. I was wondering why 2 liters of coconut water when only 1 cup per day is called for in recipes? Guessing you are supposed to drink it between meals but I have found it not very palatable. Also should be interesting as I am allergic to banana's, avocado and mango! Yea me! Will use kiwi and peaches as a substitute and maybe add a touch more almond butter or coconut oil? Prayers please!

Left by weightlossbuddy at 3/23/2013 11:08 PM
I found more success with using the almond butter as the coconut oil would clump (ewww) since I like used frozen fruit.

Left by Karen at 3/27/2013 8:56 PM
Day 1 completed - breakfast drink was not terrible. Lunch was thick and bitter, too much celery and perhaps the cucumber should have been peeled. Lunch drink made almost 2 servings. Could only get one down, saved the other one for lunch tomorrow. Never drank the snack because I was too full from lunch. Walked a brisk 3 miles and was ready for dinner shake. Not bad at all - the cayenne gave it a little zip. I did feel totally energized after the awful lunch shake so I guess that's says something about the nutrients. Haven't really spent much time in the bathroom - not sure if I was supposed to or not. Hopefully the end results will be worth it.

Left by Dramatic petite Bridesmaid Dress at 6/7/2013 2:33 AM
Magnificent web site. Lots of helpful information here. I�m sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you for your effort!

Left by Dramatic petite Bridesmaid Dress at 6/7/2013 2:36 AM
I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I�ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I'm quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

Left by GYW at 7/30/2013 2:40 PM
In the middle of day 2 and feel great. My favorite is the dinner drink. Day one lunch drink was almost impossible to drink, so today I juiced all the fruit and vegetable then blended in the milk and coconut oil and it tasted really good. Will repeat that one for my snack.

# bengege

Left by bengege at 7/14/2014 4:52 AM
http://www.fitflop.us.com dad

Left by oakley sunglasses at 7/20/2014 9:09 PM
Ukrainian air jordan state toms outlet investigators juicy couture outlet have polo ralph lauren outlet entered asics gel MH17 north face outlet crash site.International louis vuitton "Flight Safety ray ban Foundation," louis vuitton said coach factory the marc jacobs event

Your comment:

(will not be displayed)

Please add 5 and 1 and type the answer here:

You must login to post comment.

Live Comment Preview: