At WeightLossBuddy.com we take your privacy very seriously. We never rent, sell or divulge any of your private information, including name, address, or email to anyone.
All communication between members is done either in the chats or through an internal (WLB site only) PM- Private Messenger. That is why we use usernames to identify members.
So when people look for a "buddy" on the website, they will not be able to find your personal information such as name, email, etc.
If someone wants to contact you, or if you check off that you want to be notified for a recipe, or message board topic, WLB will send you an email notifying you that you have a PM (private message) on the site. You can choose to turn off this notification at any time. You can choose to hide when you''re on line, and restrict who can see your blog or diet tracker.
Information Collected about You
- Personally identifiable information-may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birth date (primarily for eligibility purposes) and billing and credit card information.
- Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you.
- We may request personally identifiable information from you when you register on our website, subscribe to our online products, or in connection with other online products or services we may make available on our website from time to time.
- In all of the above cases, we will collect personally identifiable information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us.
- We do not sell any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so.
- Non-personally identifiable information-may include demographic information (like age, gender, profession), health information (like current weight), IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
- Non-personally identifiable information cannot be used to contact you; it is used to help us understand who uses our website and to improve and market our website in general.
IP Address, Cookies and GIFs
- Your IP Address is automatically collected each time you visit the site, just as in most e-commerce websites.
- Cookies are small text files saved onto your computer''s hard drive in order to identify your web browser and the activities of your computer on our website.
- Cookies allow us to better understand how users use our site and also help us to tailor a website to correspond with your interests and needs.
- Third parties whom we use to advertise on our site may also place cookies on your computer. Their cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not share that information with them.
- You are not required to accept cookies in order to view or use our website. However, some parts of this website, such as the resources, features, and/or offers may not work properly if you do not accept cookies.
- This website may use clear Graphic Interchange Formats "("GIFs" (also known as pixel tags, web beacons or web bugs). A clear GIF is a tiny line of code that is programmed to collect certain information about a visit to a particular website or website page.
- We may use GIFs to gather non-personal, aggregate information on visits to our website and track usage of website links. Although we do not intend to use GIFs to collect personal information, some personal information you provide over our website may be linked to non-personal information collected through GIFs. We do not disclose this combined information to third parties. (However, please note that personal information not combined with GIF or other tracking data may be disclosed in accordance with this policy.
How Information Collected is Used
- Generally, we use your information on a collective basis to do such things as operate our site, enhance our site, and sell and deliver advertising.
- We use the information collected on our website to help us understand who uses our website and how it is used, to personalize your online experience, to assist you in using our online products, to improve our website, and for subscription billing purposes, if applicable.
- If you become a registered user of our website, we use your information to contact you with important service announcements and/or updates regarding our website and online products.
- If you opt to receive newsletters or information about new products, services, or news via email, your information is used to contact you with those. We will always provide you with the option to edit these preferences.
Use and Collection of Information by Contract Service and Operational Providers
For the convenience of our visitors, we will provide the opportunity to purchase merchandise and services through this website. Companies not affiliated, owned or operated by Weight Loss Buddy, Inc., its parents or subsidiaries may handle some of these transactions. We call these companies that conduct our e-commerce operations and/or order fulfillment "Operational Providers." If you choose to use these optional services, our Operational Providers will request your personal information to fulfill your order or request. The voluntary submission of your personal information to these Operational Providers, including your order or request, will be governed by the specific provider''s terms of usage and privacy policies. To facilitate an order or request, we may share your personal information with the Operational Provider. The Operational Provider may also share your personal information with us.
Use and Collection of Information by Advertisers and Sponsors
Our Policy on Disclosing Your Information to Parties
Limitations on Our Abilities
Although your privacy is very important to us, due to the existing legal regulatory and security environment, we cannot fully ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, in the unlikely event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as may be required under law or as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, believe necessary or appropriate. Security We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) where appropriate. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, and there is always some risk that others could find a way to bypass or thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We hope this policy clarifies our procedures regarding your personal information. We at Weight Loss Buddy, Inc. encourage you to learn as much as you can about your privacy on the Internet.