Perfect as a starter soup on a hot day
3 cups water
1 lb. cherries, pitted
2 lb. combination of summer fruit (I used peaches, nectarines, apricots grapes...no plums)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1/4 cup honey, optional
1. Pit and cube all fruit.
2. Add all ingredients in a pot.
3. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer 5 minutes.
4. Strain, reserving liquid. Remove lemon.
6. Place 2/3 of cooked fruit in blender. Process till smooth.
7. Pour blended fruit into reserved liquid. Add remaining 1/3 cooked fruit also.
8. Refrigerate till chilled. Lasts 3 days.