New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fall Weekly Check In Challenge September -November
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search

Fall Weekly Check In Challenge September -November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tealady View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealady                  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 9:44am
9/5    177.4
9/15 176.8 (-.6)
9/26 175.5 (-1.3)

I was feeling pretty good about that. I have a weekly official weigh in day and while I do weigh myself daily for the most part I try not to get myself to stressed out about what I consider normal fluctuations and I can really fluctuate from day to day.

BUT..today I decided to take my core measurements (waist, abs and hips). The program that I've been doing in the morning is called the Core Program. While it does work other body parts it's mostly concentrated on your core. I was feeling a little let down when I measured my waist and it was the same. I've been doing level 1 for 2 weeks and after 1 more week of doing this and if I feel the exercises are becoming easy I should move on to the next level. Then I measured my hips and I lost 1/2 an inch. That was pretty good. Then I moved onto my belly (argh) I'm definitely an apple shape and carry most of my weight there...and 3.5 inches removed! I couldn't believe it. I had to measure a few times...stand sideways to make sure I had the tape measure sitting correctly but that's what it came out to be. Amazing!

Positive changes I want to implement - I've been using myfitnesspal to journal my food and while I like the convenience and I think it's a good app I really prefer the old fashioned piece of paper...so I have a little journal that I've been using the last couple of days and I think it's going to work for me. I'll keep you guys posted.
You all seem to be doing well :) Great going guys.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

-Henry David Thoreau

Bowie View Drop Down
WLB Member
WLB Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2019 at 8:05am
Well done both, great losses there! Hope you're so proud!

Date - 29th September
Loss this week - 2 pounds
How far from my challenge target - 19 pounds
Food notes this week - every time I wanted to snack on something in between meals, I made sure I stuck to ONLY fruit or veg. It's worked!
Successes, tips, struggles this week - Really pleased with a 2 pound loss! My waist measurement is the same, which surprised me, but Tea-Lady I noticed that you had the same issue - I'll try measuring my hips next week I think. Still can't see my toes!!!

Best of luck everyone, hope you're all doing well!
Lyn x
tealady View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealady                  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2019 at 12:03pm
9/5    177.4
9/15 176.8 (-.6)
9/26 175.5 (-1.3)
10/3 175. (-.5)

I need to stay focused this week. It's so easy for my weight to go right back up again...but anyway. There is progress.

I'm still so so pleased with my little morning work out routine. I'm going to stay at level 1 for another week and meanwhile I'll make plans to move up to level 2 (I'll need ankle weights).

Congrats Lyn...2 lbs is fantastic.
yes....measure! You will be able to see your toes one of these days and it will be ahhmazing! :)

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

-Henry David Thoreau

Fammy View Drop Down
WLB Member
WLB Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2019 at 5:46pm
Hi
I hope its not too late to join.
Date - 12 October
Loss this week - 0 Just starting
How far from my challenge target - 36 pounds
Food notes this week - I have been eating a lot of take outs and snacking on my kids candies.
Exercise notes this week - None
Successes, tips, struggles this week - I reach for treats when im exhausted.It has been so draining dealing toddler tantrums and preteen antics. And every single time i eat to feel better. Need to replace those snacks with tea. Also need to meal prep as another challenge I face is the hubs wont eat the kind of food I eat when im eating clean. But i have done it before and i know i can if i set my mind to it.
Good luck to everyone else. We can do this!!!
tealady View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealady                  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2019 at 2:05pm
Hi Fammy....never too late. :)

Glad to have you join us.

-Henry David Thoreau

tealady View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealady                  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2019 at 2:08pm
9/5    177.4
9/15 176.8 (-.6)
9/26 175.5 (-1.3)
10/3 175. (-.5)
10/10 175. stayed the same.

I thought I had posted but I guess I did not. I've been doing a 15 minute morning exercise routine ... I've done it for a little over a month and I'm pleased to say that I'm losing inches. Fingers crossed that weight will follow. :)

-Henry David Thoreau

Fammy View Drop Down
WLB Member
WLB Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2019 at 8:23pm
Hi @tealady

You have got some good progress there! Cant wait to report some myself.

Good luck !!
CherylKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherylKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2019 at 12:02pm
12 Week Challenge:
Date – 9/4/2019
Weigh in: 270.7
Goal: aim for 20-25 pounds

Week 11: 9/8 Weigh in:   267
Week 10: 9/15 Weigh in: 265.7
Week 9: 9/23 Weigh in:   264
Week 8: 9/30 Weigh in:   261
Week 7: 10/7 Weigh in:   261
Week 6: 10/14 Weigh in: 259
Week 5: 10/21 Weigh in: 262
Week 4: 10/28 Weigh in: 260
Week 3: 11/4 Weigh in:   258.8
Week 2: 11/11 Weigh in: 259.7
Week 1: 11/18 Weigh in:

I have 3 weeks left on this challenge to pull out 20 lbs.

My Goal for Week 3:
- Exercise everyday:
    M-W-F Aim for at least 4 hours of water exercise a day
    Tu-Th-Sa-Su Weight training, Yoga and Cardio
- Aim for 10,000+ steps a day
- Take a Salad everyday I work
- Avoid fast food
- Cook at home when possible
- Aim for 6 hours sleep a night
- Get at least 66 oz. of water a day

Edited by CherylKay - 16 November 2019 at 1:06pm
tealady View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealady                  Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 7:20pm
Great going Cheryl....i thought everyone had given up since I didn't see more posts.

Feeling any better?

-Henry David Thoreau

CherylKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherylKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 1:16pm
I hadn't given up, just been busy when it comes to posting. I am planning on doing my final weigh-in on Monday. I am sorry I have been not as committed on line as I should and want to be.

I am working on me, I am still having ups and downs but getting better. I just went through a bunch of stuff with my brother but now I am going to try to focus on me.

I watched a video that I a going to try, it was keys to discipline and success.
1. Do what you don't want to do first.
2 Take action everyday in the direction of you goals.
3. Delay gratification and rewards.
4. Praise yourself on a regular basis - if you can see it you can achieve it.

I hope do another challenge for the holidays, it know it is a rough time but it also gives us something to focus on and helpful keep us from straying to far of track.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic